Topps Wacky Packages 4th Series 1973
Vote for your favorite 4th Series stickers
See Poll Results
- Timeline: Topps was releasing series in rapid succession. The first series came out in early Spring 1973, the 4th series was probably released sometime in the summer of the same year.
- The Titles: There are 32 titles
- Packs: Packs contain two stickers, a checklist, and one piece of gum.
- Checklists/Puzzle: The flip side of the checklists form a Wormy Packages Puzzle
- The Boxes: They used both a blue box and a yellow box for this series.
- Copyrights: Amazingly there are six different copyrights in this series.
- The Backs: This is the first series where they did not use different backs. All stickers are tan backs.
- Pulled Titles: This series includes two substitutions:
- As in the 2nd and 3rd series, certain titles had to be pulled midway through production. This is the first time, however, that the titles that were pulled were replaced with new titles.
- Replacement checklists were produced as well.
- This was done because of how early those stickers were pulled.
- The checklists are not quite as tough as the stickers, since they pulled the stickers long before they changed the checklists.
- There is a sheet without Bum Chex and Choke Wagon, nor their replacements Windhex and Mess Clairoil.
- Indeed, this is the sheet coded 4-454-05-02-3. The "02" indicates that it is the second version of the sheet.
- During this period the checklists still had Bum Chex and Choke Wagon on them, making it possible to open a whole box and not complete the set according to the checklist.
Hyde's Rox Cookies
Hipton Tea Bags
Armor Hot Dogs
Blue Beanie Margarine
Quake 'n Ache
Land O Quakes Butter
Escuire Foot Polish